We have prepared an integration with WordPress via a WordPress plugin that can be downloaded from this link: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wikitip-knowledge-cluster-tooltip-for-wordpress/
This plugin integrates a tooltip dictionary with terms definitions stored at wikitip.info. Wikitip.info is a WordPress Multisite installation available for subscription of subdomains
that are named Knowledge Clusters. All post tags are making the terms dictionary, post content is the definition of the term. More than one subdomain/sites can be used and
they can get custom hierarchy in the network. Several hierarchies can coexist. The plugin can tap into any hierarcy's node and will provide terms from that node and all it's descendants.
- Ability to connect to own or public dictionaries for free at wikitip.info
- Ability to subscribe to specialty dictionaries at wikitip.info
- Ability to use the tooltip only on specific pages (see options)
- Ability to disable the tooltip for specific pages via metabox in edit screen
- Communication with wikitip.info is optimized no matter how big is the content of the page or the size of the dictionary of terms
- Analytics data sent to wikitip.info for site owners
- Ability to define multiple glossaries/dictionaries on the same installation. Just define and use different categories to group definitions in glossaries. Users have the ability to enable or disable glossaries they like to use
1. Multisite compatible
- Upload the zip file to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Unzip the archive
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Fill up the required option settings
- Adjust the css file to fit your website look and feel
- Build your own dictionary at wikitip.info and connect to it
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use this plugin?
Please go to https://wikitip.info and apply for a free subscription account. With a free subscription account you can start building your dictionary / glossary for free. Also the site containing your dictionary will be automatically linked to itself, so you can test it before going live. If you already have a dictionary we will help importing it in our system.
After your dictionary is ready you need to subscribe to one of our paid subscription plans. Then your API credentials will be generated and you can fill them inside your WordPress blog at Settings -> Wikitip options page.
- Administration interface
- Usage demo
= 1.0 =
- Added smart sorting algorithm for returned definitions, useful when integrating multiple dictionaries. The sorting score weights can be edited in the backend
- Now frontend filtering by dictionaries / glossaries / categories does not require to reload the page
- fixed a small jQuery bug introduced in version 0.1.5 that prevents user control panel to be expanded
= 0.1.5 =
- Fixed a broken link to the category of term definition
- Added tooltip pagination option
- Now the plugin matches the page's language against cluster's language. If the language is not available at the cluster's side, an error message is sent back.
- Supports single language sites as well as multilanguage sites with qTranslate or WPML plugin. WPML pro plugin is used at server side to define multilanguage clusters.
- Please note that current version (2.4.3) of WPML has some bug generating slow SQL queries if used into a big size cluster.
- Added optional user-level controls with storage of settings in cookies
- Ability to filter definitions by glossaries stored as categories at the server side when user controls are enabled
= 0.1.4 =
- Added new algorithm for terms matching. Now matching is possible independent of language, for instance western languages may be combined with Chinese Simplified
- characters and words where no spaces or punctuation is used. Algorithm performance: 145000 terms matched in 1.2 seconds, 1050000 terms matched in less than 6 seconds.
- Added terms inflexions (admin tools to add inflexions at clusters side will become available soon)
- Expressions options are phased out since the new algorithm includes this option by default
= 0.1.3 =
- Further optimizations to improve speed: use of cache to store dictionary objects. Reduced number of connections to the terms server via modified PHP proxy.
- Added option to the clusters side to declare it as broad dictionary (>20000 terms) or small dictionary. For small dictionary brute force detection is automatically
- used to improve expression match.
- Added option to use words clusters only or to add expressions as well. Works with broad dictionaries only
= 0.1.2 =
- z-index still got some issues, there is a new option added in the administration screen to manually test different settings, depending on your theme.
- Some themes accept the default `auto` setting, others require to input a specific number such as `9999`. Accepts numbers, `auto` or `inherit`.
- fixed an issue in pages with multiple occurences of the container (such as loops where the content container repeats for the number of displayed posts).
- The issue was that when the found terms were marked up all the containers were filled with the content of the first one.
- added more usage information in the FAQ section
- added descriptions to plugin admin options
- speed optimization on the server side now match the page content against more than 100K terms in less than 3 seconds
= 0.1.1 =
- moved tooltip to z-index `9999` to avoid problems with some themes
- added localization for tooltip, now tooltip is displayed in the cluster's main language
- fixed tooltip effect bug
- added option to identify only terms with specified minimum length
= 0.1.0 =
Plugin TO DO list
This is our current to do list. Feel free to suggest more features in the forums.
- Use of smart sorting of definitions with the most relevant ones in the front
- Insert adsense snippets within the tooltip definitions. An algorithm will rotate our adsense codes with customer's codes for all free plans. Paid plans will use 100% adsense codes of the customer.